Here is a recipe from our good friend's at Blanco Niño using their sublime corn chips which are available to order here online!
We’re quite partial to a creamy avocado but sometimes it’s not easy to find an avocado that’s just right. So why not swap it for an unassuming freezer staple?
This recipe makes about 620g or a big sharing bowl of dip.
450g or a pack of frozen peas
2 tbsp or 30g of tahini
½ cup or 15g of coriander, sliced
½ cup or 15g of mint, sliced
The zest of 1 lime
The juice of 2 limes
⅔ tbsp or 10g of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp or 30g of finely diced brown onion
2 whole or 40g of fresh red and green chilli, chopped
2 tbsp or 30g of water
Season with salt to taste
Blanco Niño Lightly Salted corn tortilla chips
- Bring about 1 litre of water to a boil at high heat and add the peas. As soon as they are defrosted, strain them out of the water and shake them well.
- In a blender or food processor, add the tahini, olive oil, lime juice and zest, water, salt and some of the coriander and mint and blend well. Taste and correct seasoning if needed
- Transfer to a bowl, add the onion, chilli, rest of herbs and mix
- Pour the dip on a serving dish or wide bowl and sprinkle the gremolata all over it.
- Serve with Blanco Niño corn tortilla chips on the side.